The Noteworthy Features Of A Mountain Bike
Great looks, great adventure, the mountain bike promises all of these and more. But choosing the best from the many different brands of mountain bikes available can be quite a complicated task. The wide variety coupled with the terminologies and technologies associated can be quite confusing to the layman.
Most Selling Mountain Bikes and Price details
- FRAME SIZE:432MM & HI-TEN STEEL
- FORK:SUSPENSION FORK, STEEL, TRAVEL 100MM
- SHIFTER:SHIMANO EF-51. F/D:SHIMANO TZ30. R/D:SHIMANO TX55D
- FREEWHEEL:SHIMANO TZ21 14T~28T
- Partial assembly by professionals required
- Comes in 85 percent assembled state, toolkit provided for diy installation
- Wheel size - -27.5x1 cm, frame size - 19
- Ideal for cyclist with height between 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet 5 inches - take from catalogue
- Alloy frame, adjustable seat, PU saddle
- Alloy cage pedals
- This Multifunction Bike Tool Is Portable, Lightweight And The Perfect Accessories For General Bike Repairs
- This Is Accessories Tool For Regular Maintenace And Emergency Repair For Cycle Enthusiasts
- 15 In 1 Multi-Function Bicycle Repair Tool Kit Durable And Fully Functional
- Socket Hex Wrench 8/9/10Mm, Slotted Srewdriver, Phillips Slotted Screwdriver, Socket Extension Rod,Ã'Â . Solid Wrench 8/10/15Mm, Hex (Allen) Key 2/2.5/3/4/5/6 Mm, Spoke Wrenchã'
- 21 Speed Combinations (7X3), Front Suspension Fork, silver frame
- 18 Inch Frame, Sturdy Frame, Quick Release Seatpost, 26x4 Inch Tyres
- Front & Rear Disk Brakes, 160 mm Disk
- Carbon Steel Frame With Attractive Design
- SAFETY LOCK, TORCH, TYRE LED, POUCH, SEAT COVER, PUMP, RINGING BELL, WATER BOTTLE HOLDER
- Comes in 85% assambled state. Allen-Key & Spanner provided for DIY installation. Installation video present in the Image tab.
- Wheel Size - 24 inches. Frame Size - 17 inches.
- Ideal for cyclist with height between 4 Feet 8 inches to 5 Feet 6 inches.
- Steel Frame, Front and Rear Suspension, Adjustable seat, PU Saddle
- MTB Pedals
- Mountain Bicycle
- High Carbon Steel Material
- Foldable Frame
- Hydraulic Suspension, 21 Speed Of Gear
- Magnesium Wheel
- 14 functions
- Setting the last value of odometer
- Setting speed scale - km/h or m/h
- Display - two-line four window displays
- Setting tyre circumference - 60cm - 229cm
- Bike head light with quick release bracket, rear safety flashlight with quick release bracket and bike LCD bicycle speedometer
- 3 Operation Modes: Normal, slow flashing and fast flashing
- Quick release bracket rear light up to 150 hours operation with 2 x AAA batteries (not included)
- In-Box Contents: 1 Bike Head Light, 1 Rear light and 1 Speedometer
Mountain Bike Features to look for
Certain features which need to be looked in to include:
- Type: The different types of mountain bikes available today are:
- Rigid, the no frills mountain bike,
- Front suspension or a hard tail with a suspension fork
- Full suspension,
- Dirt jumping with low but strong profile frames,
- Free ride for medium travel,
- All mountain or the versatile bike,
- Downhill with fast suspension,
- 29er with 29inch wheels,
- Single speed which is the single gear simple bike.
- Budget: The mountain bike price depends on its suspension, gear and other features.
- Front suspension: Located at the forks, it can either be provided with the help of an air spring, a coil spring or a combination of both.
- Rear suspension: There are many different types of rear suspension like:
- The four bar system which is the most common,
- The faux bar system,
- The virtual pivot bar,
- The DW Link,
- The split pivot,
- The single pivot and
- The floating drivetrain.
- Wheel size: The wheel sizes of all different types of mountain bikes can be categorised into:
- 26inch is the original wheel size of a mountain bike and are extremely light and nimble,
- 27inch 650B wheels falls under the plus size category and offers much better roll over ability, air volume and traction,
- 29inch or 29er also fall under the plus size category and offer a smoother ride with the best traction and roll-over ability.
- Frame material: A mountain bike is generally made of one of the following materials:
- Carbon fibre,
- Steel or
Mountain Bike Brands
The most popular and well-known mountain cycle brands are:
- SCOTT etc.
Mountain biking is fun with a lot of challenges thrown in. Hence the mountain bike purchased should be safe and durable enough to brave the toughest of terrain conditions.